Key Dates and Deadlines
Key dates and deadlines for the elections taking place on 4 May 2017
- To be sent out around Wednesday 22 March 2017.
- You need to apply to be on the register by Thursday 13 April 2017.
Postal Vote Applications
- Deadline for receipt of applications or to cancel and modify (in writing) an existing postal vote is 5pm on Tuesday 18 April 2017
- To apply for a postal vote, please click here By Post
- Postal votes will be posted around 19 April 2017 onwards
- You can request a replacement for spoilt postal votes from 20 April 2017, but a replacement for lost postal votes can only be requested from Thursday 27 April 2017
- Deadline for receipt of applications for a proxy vote is 5pm on Tuesday 25 April 2017
- If you have an existing postal vote and want to change it to a proxy vote, you must cancel your postal vote in writing by 5pm on Tuesday 18 April 2017
- To apply for a proxy vote, please click here Allow Someone to Vote on your Behalf (by Proxy)
- If after 5pm on Tuesday 25 April 2017 you are unable to vote in person due to a medical emergency or learn you cannot go to the polling station because of work reasons you can apply for an Emergency Proxy. Completed applications must reach us by 5pm on Thursday 4 May 2017. To apply for an Emergency Proxy, please click here Register to Vote - Proxy Vote Application
- Statement of Persons Nominated, which names candidates standing in each of the elections, will be available online from 4pm on Wednesday 5 April 2017.
- Thursday 4 May 2017 from 7am to 10pm.
Please see Find your Polling Station if you are unsure of the location of your polling station.
If you have missed the post and wish to deliver your postal vote to a polling station you can only deliver it to one within your electoral division. Please see Electoral Divisions Polling Stations [60kb] to find a list of polling stations within your electoral division.