The Constitution explains how the Council operates, how decisions are made and the procedures that are followed to ensure that these are efficient, transparent and accountable to local people.
Constitution Of Fenland District Council
The Constitution changes frequently to reflect changes in legislation, policy and procedure.
However, the Constitution has been broken into 'blocks' formed around its functional elements and each block can be accessed by clicking on the relevant sections below:
Responsibility for Functions:
Rules of Procedure:
- Rules of Procedure - Rules 1, 2 and 3 [149kb]
- Rules of Procedure - Rules 4 and 5 [224kb]
- Rules of Procedure - Rule 6 [192kb]
- Rules of Procedure - Rule 7 [140kb]
- Rules of Procedure - Rules 8 to 10 [75kb]
Codes and Protocols