Skip Navigation

House to House Collection

If you are going door to door collecting money or goods for charitable purposes, you will need a permit from us.

House to House

This includes where you are collecting goods for resale, with the intention of making a charitable donation from the proceeds. It applies to collections from either houses or businesses.

In issuing house-to-house collection permits, we will try to ensure that not more than two collections take place in a particular location in Fenland on any one day.

Some charities hold an exemption certificate from the Cabinet Office.

Apply for a permit

You must apply for a licence at least one month prior to the first collection date.


There is no fee payable for a house-to-house collection permit.

After you have carried out a collection

You must submit a return of what has been collected and how much has been passed to the charity after any deductions.

This is a requirement even if no money is collected.

Failure to make a return may result in future collections being refused.