Skip Navigation

Register to Vote

A new registration system was introduced in June 2014, Individual Electoral Registration (IER). This means that everybody is now responsible for their own registration.

Under the old system 'the head of the household' could register everyone who lived at the same address. Now it is the responsibility of each individual.

  • Placeholder ImageRegister Online

    Register Online

    You will be taken to the Government's Register to Vote website. Registering will take about 5 minutes. You will need to provide a few more details to register, including your National Insurance Number and date of birth.

  • Placeholder ImageHouseholder Enquiry Form

    Householder Enquiry Form

    If you are a landlord or you have received a form asking for information about who lives in the property or if the property is not occupied you can notify us of the relevant information.

  • Placeholder ImageOpt in/out of the Open Version of the Electoral Register

    Opt in/out of the Open Version of the Electoral Register

    There are two versions of the register - the Electoral Register and the Open Register. Find out more information about the two registers and opt out or opt in of appearing on the Open Register.

  • Placeholder ImageChange of Name

    Change of Name

    If you change your name and you want to update your entry in the register, you will need to complete a change of name form. You will also need to provide supporting evidence with the form, such as marriage or civil partnership certificate, or a deed poll or amended birth certificate. If you do not wish to send original documents, you can take these into one of the Council's Fenland@YourService shops or e-mail copies of the documents and the form to

  • Placeholder ImageAged 76 or over

    Aged 76 or over

    Please inform us once you become 76, as you are no longer eligible to undertake Jury Service.

  • Placeholder ImageUnable to Vote In Person

    Unable to Vote In Person

    You can request to vote by post, get somebody else to vote on your behalf or if you are unable to provide a signature apply for a waiver.