Traveller site pitch
Apply online for a traveller site pitch on a site managed by Fenland District Council.
Fenland District Council manages 5 permanent Gypsy Traveller sites on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council. These are:
- Fenland Way, Chatteris - 14 pitches
- Newbridge Lane - 24 pitches
- Parkfields, Sandbank, Wisbech St Mary - 10 pitches
- Seadyke Bank, Murrow - 12 pitches
- Turf Fen Bridge, Parson Drove - 4 pitches
Pitches on the sites are managed on a strict application only basis. You can complete your application using the online form below. If you need help to complete the form, please contact the Community Support Officer (Travellers) on 01354 654321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you make your application
Please read the following information:
- Completing this form does not mean you will definitely get a pitch
- When looking at your application we have to consider whether:
- you are a Gypsy Traveller as per the definition contained in the Housing Act 2004
- you either currently live in the district of Fenland or you visit the area regularly
- you have close family ties to Gypsy Travellers already living in the District
- You may not be given a pitch if:
- you or your partner owe money to a previous landlord
- you or your partner, or family, have been found responsible for damaging Council property, bringing rubbish or scrap onto a pitch, or previously breaching the conditions for living on a Travellers Site
- You, your partner or any other person living with you, has been previously evicted for illegal occupancy or breaching the conditions for living on a Local Authority Travellers Site.
Please complete all the questions on your application so we can process it quickly. If you do not give us all the information we ask for, we may need to return your application to you which will result in a delay.
You may want to read what happens after you've applied [11kb].