Food Export Health Certificates
Food Export Health Certificates are issued on request to food businesses who wish to export foodstuff outside the EU. They are provided to assist local exporters in meeting the food safety requirements of the country/countries that the food will be travelling to.
Please use this link to apply for a food export health certificate:
Certificates cost £94.00 an hour.
Should the food in question need sampling in line with current food safety law requirements the sampling charge will be passed onto the applicant.
- Your business must either be registered or approved by Fenland District Council to apply for a Food Export Certificate. We will not supply a certificate if this is not the case.
- We shall always try and incorporate the wording indicated on your form, but we obviously cannot include wording that implies that we vouch for the safety of the individual batch/consignment of food. Our wording normally reflects the fact that your foodstuffs are produced and stored in premises subject to our jurisdiction as a food authority, and which have been subject to a satisfactory inspection programme.
- We reserve the right to decline to issue a certificate if your premises, hygiene standards and or practices fail to meet current food safety standards.
- Officers may want to inspect a consignment of the food before the certificate is issued.
- Please allow at least 7 working days for the application and issue of export certificate. Should sampling of the food be required the application and issue of certificate could take up to 20 working days.
- For further advice contact Dawn Sadler on 01354 622492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org