The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Local Resilience Forum prepares for emergencies that could happen in Cambridgeshire
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Local Resilience Forum is made up of local emergency service responders (Police, Fire, Ambulance), councils, businesses, organisations and voluntary sector representatives.
They work together to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies.
The Community Risk Register assesses emergencies that could happen in Cambridgeshire. Each one is rated in terms of its potential impact and chance of occurring.
The top risks in our region are:
- Pandemic Flu
- Industrial Accident
- Widespread Electricity Loss
- Severe Weather
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Community Risk Register details the current risks within Cambridgeshire. A 'risk' is something that could lead to a major emergency. The register aims to:
- ensure that local responders understand the risks they face. This allows them to put good plans in place
- provide a work programme and allocate resources
- encourage multi-agency working
- explain the emergency planning process for the public and interested parties