Green Dog Walkers Scheme
The Green Dog Walkers Scheme is a non-confrontational and friendly way to change attitudes about dog fouling
It encourages responsible dog ownership whilst reminding owners that they need to pick up after their dog has fouled and keep them under control.
Volunteers of the Green Dog Walkers scheme pledge to always:
- clean up after their dog and dispose of the bag in a bin
- carry extra dog bags and provide them to those who require one
- remind other dog owners to pick up after their dog has fouled and keep them under control
Every volunteer will receive a welcome pack. This includes a:
- dog tag showing that the dog owner is a Green Dog Walkers member
- roll of biodegradable dog bags
- welcome letter and a copy of the pledge
The scheme is trademarked to Falkirk Council, but we have purchased a licence to use these materials in the Fenland district area.
The Green Dog Walkers scheme currently runs in Chatteris, March, Whittlesey, Wisbech and Wisbech St Mary. Some villages are also looking to manage the scheme within their community.
If you'd like to become a Green Dog Walker or run your own Green Dog Walkers group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.