Toggle menu

Trade Commercial Waste and Recycling

We offer a trade (commercial) waste service including general waste, food waste and mixed dry recycling

Our service

We offer a trade (commercial) waste service including general waste, food waste and mixed dry recycling for local businesses, schools, charities and community groups.

Our service is competitively priced. Fees are all-inclusive, with no hidden charges.

We collect a variety of materials for recycling including food, paper, card, plastic, cans and glass. This makes it much easier for you to reduce waste going to landfill.

We offer a range of containers and sacks to meet your needs. Our containers range from 240 litres (4 bin bags) up to 1100 litres (18 bin bags).

If your business produces a lot of food or mixed dry recyclables, you may be able to save money by separating these materials and switching to a smaller general waste bin. 

By quote, we can also arrange extra or special waste collections.

Who needs trade waste collections?

'Non-domestic' waste is not removed for free. It is illegal to put it in any household bin, household recycling centre or bring bank.

You must organise a trade waste collection if you are a:

  • commercial business
  • school or club
  • residential care or nursing home
  • doctors' surgery
  • healthcare facility
  • charity shop
  • factory
  • agriculture business
  • public hall; or
  • self-employed or running a business from home

These groups have a 'duty of care' under the Environmental Protection Act 1990. This means:

  • their waste must be stored and transported securely
  • at least one material must be separated for recycling
  • their waste must be handled by a licenced waste carrier and taken to a licenced waste disposal site
  • notes must record waste collection and transportation. They must be kept for at least 2 years

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email