Glassmoor Local Environment Fund
A small grants fund available to groups in Whittlesey, Coates, Eastrea, Pondersbridge and Ramsey Mereside
The Glassmoor Environment Fund can provide funding for groups wanting to make improvements in their community with an environmental and educational benefit.
The fund was established in 2007 and is managed by a committee including:
- Fenland District Council
- Huntingdonshire District Council
- Local representatives living within the turbine catchment
Money will be added to it for 25 years (in total) by the EDF Energy Renewables. They own and run the wind farm.
What you can bid for
The committee will consider bids that enhance or protect the environment in some way, and which local people can learn from. Examples include:
This list is not exhaustive; other ideas are welcomed.
The following will not be funded:
- Bids from 'for profit' organisations
- Bids from individual households
- Fulfillment of statutory duty, running costs or maintenance
- Projects that won't have enough environmental or educational benefit
- Projects where the works have been completed prior to approval
How to bid
The current round of bids closes on 30 June 2023
To apply, complete the application form. Please use the scoring criteria as guidance - this will help you to meet the requirements of the fund.
The committee will judge applications in July
Successful bidders are invited to put a plaque up once the project has been completed. The Street Pride Co-ordinator can arrange for this to be provided.
If you have any queries, please contact the Street Pride Co-ordinator by calling 01354 654321 or emailing email@example.com