Green bin (household waste)
For non-recyclable waste and food waste
Your green bin is for:
- Non-recyclable waste
- Kitchen and food waste
- Plastic bags, films and sachets
- Cigarette waste
- Bags of mixed rubbish
- Shredded paper
You can also check what goes in your green bin at www.gettingitsorted.org
Only waste contained within the bin will be collected. If you have too much rubbish to fit in your bin, you can take it to a Household Recycling Centre for free.
No garden waste can go in your green bin.
All other materials should be disposed of through:
- Your blue bin - for recyclable materials
- Your brown bin - for garden waste
- Local household recycling centres - for items you can't put in your bins at home
- Local textile and media banks - many take clothes, shoes, books, CD's and DVD's
We also offer a Bulky Waste collection service for larger household items that cannot be sold or given to charity.
Bin collection day
Check your bin collection day
If your bin hasn't been emptied and you think it was missed, report it to us.