Toggle menu

Street Collecting

You need a street collection permit if you are collecting money or selling goods for charitable purposes on a street or in a public place

When issuing street collection permits, we aim to ensure that no more than two collections happen in the same place on the same day. 

Apply for a permit

You must apply for a licence at least one month before the first collection date. 


It is free to apply for a street collection licence.

After you have carried out a collection

You must submit a return of:

  • what has been collected; and
  • how much has been passed to the charity after any deduction

You need to do this even if no money was collected. Failure to make a return may result in future collections being refused. 

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email