Toggle menu

Personal Licences

Every premise selling or supplying alcohol needs a Personal Licence holder

In a premises licenced to sell alcohol, a Personal Licence holder can:

  • sell alcohol
  • supply alcohol
  • authorise the sale or supply of alcohol

Apply for a Personal Licence

You should apply to the Local Authority where you usually live.

You need to provide:

Due to recent changes to the application process made by central government, applicants must now provide evidence of their right to work in the UK. As well as giving extra details on the application form(s), applicants must provide extra documentation with their application. We cannot process your application until you have done this. View the  right to work (Word doc) [106KB]  requirements. 

If you require further information, please email

Original documents can be posted to:
Licensing Department
Fenland District Council
Fenland Hall
County Road
PE15 8NQ

Renewing a licence

You are no longer required to renew your Personal Licence.


If you have any relevant convictions, you must tell the authority that issued your licence.

If you appear in court, you must tell them that you are a Personal Licence holder. You must also tell the Licensing Authority that you are being prosecuted. 

Change of details

Personal Licence holders must keep their details updated. Failure to do so could result in prosecution.

You need to tell your licensing authority about any changes e.g name or address. Your licensing authority is always the one that issued your licence.

Report a change of details (PDF) [67KB]

The fee for this is £10.50.

Replacement licence

Request a replacement licence (PDF) [67KB]

The fee for this is £10.50.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email