Private Hire vehicles
Apply for a Private Hire vehicle licence
A Private hire vehicle:
- Can only be booked in advance through their licensed Private Hire Operator
- Cannot call themselves 'taxis' or 'cabs'
- Cannot ply for hire or wait on Taxi ranks
- Do not have a roof sign
- Do not have a meter fitted. The hirer and operator must agree a price before pick-up
Before you apply, please ensure you have these documents saved and ready to upload during the online process:
- Insurance Certificate / Cover Note / Fleet Cover Certificate
- V5 Document / New Keeper Slip / Bill of Sale
- Vehicle Compliance Test - Passed status
We will check your vehicles' MOT details online. Your MOT Certificate must be dated less than 30 days at the time you submit your application.
Vehicle compliance test
Prior to submitting your application you need to book a vehicle compliance with our approved contractor - JM Advanced Auto's, 2 Queen Street, Wisbech PE13 3YB
To book a vehicle compliance test - bookinmycar.co.uk
You can also have your MOT completed at the same location for a combined fee or you can choose to have your MOT completed by an alternative approved MOT station but you will be required to attend JM Advanced Autos to have your compliance test completed.
When taking your vehicle for a compliance test, please ensure:
- It has appropriate roof signage on
- Vehicle plate is attached to the rear of the vehicle
- Yellow door signage is affixed to the vehicle
Compliance test only
£60 plus VAT
|Transfer of Vehicle Plate to another vehicle||£47|
|Replacement Vehicle Plate (damaged or stolen)||£47|
How to Apply
Once you are ready to apply, please click on the relevant link below to submit your new application and pay the fee.
Following validation of your application and satisfactory results of any checks, we will produce your new vehicle plate and send this along with the issue letter to your home address. A copy of your paper licence will be emailed to you. All expired plates must be returned to us as soon as possible.